Taking care of dryer vent cleaning regularly is more important than you might think.
Modern dryers have an internal lint collection system that you clean out after every load, but that is not the only place that lint accumulates. Dryers have a vent to the outdoors that also gets filled with lint over time. The best way to deal with this issue is with professional dryer vent cleaning services. At Crystal Clean of Delmarva, we offer vent cleaning for both HVAC ductwork and dryer vents.
One of the signs that you need dryer vent cleaning is that your dryer loads begin to take longer. If you don’t take care of dryer vent cleaning at this point, the next, more serious indications are a burning odor, scorched clothing, or a very hot dryer.
A common question about dryer vent cleaning is how often it should be done. We recommend you have it done annually at the very least. If you do several loads of laundry a week, you may need it done more often than that. The benefits of regular dryer vent cleaning include:
- Fire prevention- An overheated dryer can pose an electrical hazard and the lint could ignite.
- Energy efficiency- Your dryer costs more to run when the dryer vent is compromised by lint buildup.
- Humidity control– If the dryer vent is clogged, the humidity from the clothes drying process is pushed into the room instead of going outside, potentially leading to mold issues in your home.
It might surprise you how many families have replaced a dryer thinking it was worn out when all it needed was dryer vent cleaning! Don’t make that mistake or risk a fire or mold issue when all you need do is give us a call to schedule vent cleaning for your Dover, Delaware area home. Call today to learn more.
FAQs About Dryer Vent Cleaning
One of the many services we offer here at Crystal Clean of Delmarva is dryer vent cleaning, and we have received many questions about it over the years. Below, we have put together the answers to some of our most frequently asked questions on the subject to help you know what to expect.
How can I tell if I need dryer vent cleaning services?
- Your dryer feeling hot to the touch while it’s running
- Your clothes feeling hot, not warm, after one dryer cycle
- Conversely, your dryer taking more than one cycle to fully dry your clothes
- The laundry room feeling hot or humid when your dryer is on
- Your clothes smelling musty when they come out of the dryer
How often should I have my dryer vent cleaned?
We recommend that you schedule dryer vent cleaning services every 1-3 years. You will likely need to have your vent cleaned more frequently (every year) if your dryer vent is 15 feet or longer, or if it bends several times. Similarly, a dryer that is older than 10 years, is compact rather than full size, or gets used very frequently will need to have its vent cleaned more often than models that are newer or larger or that get used less often.
Why is dryer vent cleaning necessary?
It’s important to have your dryer vent cleaned on a regular basis for several reasons. The most important reason is that, if you let lint build up in your dryer vent, it creates a serious fire hazard, so you should clean it out in order to keep your home and everyone in it safe. In addition, a clogged dryer vent will have a negative impact on your dryer’s performance, and cleaning the vent will help make it work properly again.